Wrecked rhinos

Hey fellas,
Here is just another little bit that I plan on doing with my army. It seems there is a growing trend, and rightfully so, where people are doing custom objective markers. This little bit is along those lines in the way that I am going to take extra steps in this army's construction. I plan on building at least 8 rhinos when their are only 4 in the list. I want to do a mobile rhino, destroyed or wrecked rhino, and some sort of crater that will represent a exploded rhino. Let me know what you guys think.

PS I have made heavy progress on the army but I am choosing to keep that hidden for now!





7 comments:

TheKing Elessar said...

I'm doing the same for Wave Serpents..but I'm planning to use mine as terrain.

I'd suggest that as slightly more opportunity to use them than as Objectives.

Drew K said...

Matt just a quick question are you coming to the mechicon out here in the Pa boondocks

Meatball said...

Matt I think that is an awesome idea. I have been making custom objective markers but this idea is a pretty cool one I may just copy.

-BJ

Space Hulk Enthusiast said...

I always wanted to make some vehicle slike the old Matchbox cars that had portions that "flipped." The undamaged side faced out and then you could hit the car against something and the door panel or hood or whatever would flip over and reveal the damaged side.

I suppose you could do it with magnets and some creative assembly.

Steevo said...

AWESOME idea with the wool and the tea light! Love it!

HuronBH said...

Yeah Matt I think you should go for it. It is actually something I have been thing about doing for a while myself. I got the idea from creating Wreck Markers for warjacks from PP games.

Brent said...

I agree it's a great idea, but it can get expensive quick. I'd perhaps only consider it for a tournament army.

I'm looking forward to seeing it - Brent